Have you seen members of the royal family? The uniformed way in which they sit, stand, wave and even speak. No matter which royal family you choose to look at, whether it be the British Royals, Zulu Royals, Saudi Royals, Thai Royals or Morrocan Royals each family has a set of protocol that they must abide by. This is because they are distinguished. It is because they carry a bloodline that empowers them to rule and reign.
Some interesting rules royal families have to abide by are:
- The Queen of England is not allowed to wear neutral colours or black. She must always wear brights as this makes it easier to spot her in a crowd.
- Royals must dress modestly and avoid outfits that may be seen as provocative. The showing of cleavage is unacceptable.
- British Princes must only be seen in shorts until the age of 8.
- British female royals MUST wear pantyhose at all times.
- Japanese princesses are not allowed to marry commoners
- The Japanese Empress must not step on the Emperors shadow
- British Royal Women must sit with their leg slanted to the side and keep their chins parallel to the ground
- PDA is a big no no
- Royalty is also not permitted to discuss controversial topics such a sex, religion, or politics
- Swearing in public is not allowed, in fact Prince William was caught on camera swearing at a sporting event a few years ago and found himself in trouble.
Some of the rules are strange. Some just make sense. All serve a purpose and that is to distinguish and protect the bloodline.
You are also a part of a Royal Bloodline, one that is Divine and destined for greatness. The Bible says in 1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light
You need to accept that you were called to live “set apart”. Even if you look different from cultural norms, it’s acceptable because you were created to vibrate on a higher frequency.
Your decorum, language and daily walk should reflect the Kingdom Protocol. Pass everything you do through the Fruit of the Spirit. So pass every word and action through the gates of love, peace, gentleness, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, self-control and of course joy.
It’s okay to look different to societal standards, as long as you live according to Godly standards. In fact it is more than okay, it is completely necessary! Always remember that a walk of being set apart will never be easy, or even popular, but it is always important.
Love and Bubbly Joy